Caring for Non Wooden Furniture
Our Metal Furniture possesses unique surface textures and patinas. Variations should be expected. Treat your metal furnishings as you would any fine furniture.
Indoor Metal Furniture
- Use indoors only.
- Do not use in bathrooms or saunas.
- Never place hot items directly on a metal or glass surface.
- For general cleaning, gently wipe surfaces with a clean, soft, white lint-free cloth slightly dampened with water and/or mild detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- For brushed stainless steel components, wipe in the direction of the grain.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, as they may damage finish.
- Do not use detergent on copper or nickel-plated steel. (See special instructions on nickel-plated steel care below).
- If your floor or carpet is wet for any reason, place protective pads under all of the legs, until the area is completely dry.
- Do not allow overspray of glass cleaners to mist onto metal surfaces.
Outdoor Metal Furniture
(Our Outdoor Metal Furniture is designed to require minimal maintenance)
- Keep aluminum frames clean - Do not let dirt build up on them.
- Clean with mild soap and water - Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- Avoid submersion - Never leave your furniture standing in water.
- Prevent freeze damage - To keep your furniture looking its best,cover it or store it indoors during any winter months to protect it from freeze damage.
(Nickel-plated steel has a protective clear lacquer coating)
- Avoid positioning it near heating or air-conditioning vents. Any breaks or scratches in this protective coating can make it susceptible to rust, especially in humid environments.
- Color variations and minor markings are acceptable characteristics of plated metal. Do not attempt to buff or polish these.
- To clean, use a clean, soft, white lint-free cloth dampened slightly with water. Use a clean, soft dry cloth to thoroughly dry the item.
- Do not use waxes, cleaning or polishing compounds, glass cleaners, or any solvent cleaners since they will destroy the protective lacquer coating.
- Apply glass cleaner to glass components carefully to prevent overspray from misting onto nickel-plated surfaces.
Cane & Rattan Furniture
Cane & Rattan furniture is crafted from carefully selected materials that are woven by hand over a durable frame. Each piece is upholstered with precision and attention to detail to meet our high standards of quality and style. Some products have inherent characteristics, such as subtle color and texture variations that are part of their charm.
Standard Care Procedures
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and heating/air-conditioning outlets to prevent premature fading and/or excessive drying of cane/rattan fibers.
- Vacuum or brush lightly every week to remove dust.
- Wipe with a soft, damp cloth to clean.
- Do not use detergents or any abrasive materials to clean any woven part.
- In case of minor splitting or fraying, do not pull the material. Cut off the protruding material with scissors and apply transparent glue to secure the area.